The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The Streak is Alive

The+offense+was+feeling+a+bit+more+comfortable+late+in+the+game+on+October+21+against+Inglemoore.+In+our+lowest+scoring+regular+season+game%2C+we+won+35-0.+
K Bisson
The offense was feeling a bit more comfortable late in the game on October 21 against Inglemoore. In our lowest scoring regular season game, we won 35-0.

With a 53-14 win over the Ballard Beavers on Friday, November 3, the Arlington Eagles moved to 10-0, confirming their spot in the round of 16 playoffs. Eagles play Ridgeline High School Friday, November 10 at 5pm

It’s not so often you see an undefeated football team going into the playoffs. Team captain, Willem Van-Dongen (‘24)  said “It’s awesome, not very many teams are undefeated, it just shows the effort and work we put into this team.”

Van Dongen also said a big reason we are undefeated is because the team doesn’t look past any opponent. Every team is there to leave their mark and beat the Eagles.

“The whole team has to get better every week, learn from the mistakes we’ve made and try to get as close to perfection as possible.”

Arlington senior, Kobi Spady said, “the team is very successful because we are just a bunch of guys who go out there on Friday nights and do our jobs.”

Spady said if every person does their job to the fullest, the win will fall to them. Though celebrating a victory is important, focusing on the next game is even more important. “Friday night and Saturday are for celebrating, and Sunday is when we flip the switch and lock in to face the next opponent.”

Alex Cunningham (‘25) said “When everyone is all on the same page and has complete trust for each other combined with the talent we have is what makes us undefeated.”

“I think we definitely have a target on our back,” said Cunningham.

The winning streak shows the amount of work we put in but said “playoffs everyone is 0-0, record doesn’t matter anymore.”