The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

Unified Basketball Against Sedro Woolley Cubs

Reaching+to+rebound+the+ball%2C+Kobi+Spady+%2824%29+helps+his+teammates+in+whatever+way+he+can.+Spady+assisted+Shane+Polomis+%2826%29+with+one+of+his+layups+that+he+scored+during+the+game.+
K. Bisson
Reaching to rebound the ball, Kobi Spady (’24) helps his teammates in whatever way he can. Spady assisted Shane Polomis (’26) with one of his layups that he scored during the game.

Unified basketball had their last home game on Tuesday February 6, against the Sedro Woolley Cubs. They won the tip off and the action was back and forth for the whole game. The Eagles were ahead in the first quarter and lost their streak going into the second half. 

Reise Udd (‘25) and Grace Davis (‘25)  both helped out with the first game of the season against Mount Vernon and were asked to join and continue playing with the team. 

Davis said, “Shane is a really good shooter, as well as Evan, I think it’s really great because all of them work really well together.” 

Udd said, “When Kobi was driving down he passed it right across and gave Shane the open layup, that was perfect and so clean. 

Shane Polomis (‘26)  was one of the top scorers of the game with 3 three pointers.

Polomis said, “making three’s” was a highlight of the game. 

The team is eager for their last official game of the season which ends tonight February 8, at Monroe. The Unified soccer schedule will be posted soon.