The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

Arlington vs Stanwood Track Meet

Bookie (Grant) Cramer (’24) was throwing javelin and was able to get first place out of 23 people by throwing 143 ‘0.
Jersey Walker (’25) competed in long jump at Stanwood on April 25. She jumped 13’2″ which earned her 7th place out of 16. (N. Davis)
Bookie (Grant) Cramer (’24) was throwing javelin and was able to get first place out of 23 people by throwing 143 ‘0. (N. Davis)

On Thursday April 25 at Stanwood, the whole time the meet was going on it was freezing and pouring down rain. Many of the athletes found it difficult to find the energy to compete to the best of their abilities.

At the meet of Arlington vs. Stanwood, also the last meet before championships, we had many PR’s in almost every event. 

The meet was a mental challenge for some due to the bad weather but also many people were being as positive as they could be. “It went good for coming off an [knee strain and effusion] injury, I think I did good and I had lots of fun” said Derek Salmon (9).

During the boys last leg of the 4×4 two of Arlington’s relays were able to pass the one Stanwood but there was still one more team behind them. Right before they stepped over the finish line the final Arlington team was able to secure the win for the team.

The crowd went wild and it was so crazy hearing everyone cheering. Nathan Nichols (11) said “The best thing about track is cheering for your teammate and it makes it especially fun when you see them trying to catch someone! you know they can do it”.

At the end of the meet, Coach Hunter did his speech to the team about telling us how proud he was of them. Arlington girls and boys were able to beat Stanwood, making it a double win for Arlington!