Another Win Under the Friday Night Lights

It’s another win for the Arlington Eagles making their record 3-0 in the Wesco  3A league. Ending the game last night against Marysville Getchell with a 54-14 blowout, the boys know how they want this season to go.

Within the first two minutes of the game, Trevor Kazen ran the ball 55 yards to the end zone for the first touchdown of the night. From there, everyone knew that this was going to be an epic game. After not getting a first down, the Chargers punt the ball, Arlington senior, Payton Bastien, blocks the punt and runs it in for a touchdown making the score 12-0 five minutes into the game. Time after time, the Eagles continue to dominate the first quarter with 2 more touchdowns from Tallen Williams. Gabe Green made a touchdown during the first quarter as well but was called back due to holding. At the end of the quarter, the score was 26-0.

The loud noises from the student section, cheerleaders, and band only hyped up the team even more. Another touchdown for Williams on the scoreboard along side wide receiver, Campbell Hudson with one and Jacob Hubbard with one making the score 47-0. With 45 seconds left of the first half, the Chargers finally get point on the board with one touchdown. With 32 seconds left, Hubbard does a kick return touchdown making the final score of the half 54-7.

During halftime, the cheerleaders danced to “On the Floor” by Jennifer Lopez followed by the band playing “All I Do Is Win”, “Firework” and “Dude Looks Like a Lady”. With the student section singing and dancing, senior boys Jaren Cary and Cameron Tokarsyck lead the students in the classic “rollercoaster ride”

With the cheerleaders holding a banner for the football boys to run into, the start of the second half is just beginning. Getchell makes one more touchdown making the score 54-14, which is the final score of the game. Although no other points were made for the rest of the night, that didn’t stop the Eagles from trying their hardest or the student section from being loud and proud. The next home game is September 29.