“Saturday Night Lies” Starts Thursday

Alyssa+Hutchens+%2811%29+and+Alec+Villa+%2811%29+stand+on+the+side+catwalk+acting+angry+for+their+roles+in+this+years+Medley+production%2C+titled+%22Saturday+Night+Lies%22.+
Alyssa Hutchens (11) and Alec Villa (11) stand on the side catwalk acting angry for their roles in this years Medley production, titled

Alyssa Hutchens (11) and Alec Villa (11) stand on the side catwalk acting angry for their roles in this years Medley production, titled "Saturday Night Lies".

K. Linville

K. Linville

Kassidy Linville, writer/photographer

Arlington High School has plenty of traditions, one being the student-led production of Medley. This year it is titled “Saturday Night Lies”. It’s about an hour and a half of student created short films, skits and the occasional moment of song.

This year it’s directed by Annabelle Copenhaver (12) and features all students involved in the drama club, including Alec Villa (11), Victoria Litton (12) and Jake Hurst (11). The show is a wide variety featuring each students individual talents from acting to singing to making the audience laugh.

“I’m excited to see the work of our fellow Arlington students displayed on stage,” Adam Dodd, a senior and past crew member said when asked about this years production. “Mobe doesn’t help with this to make it as student led as possible, and since I’m not working with them this year, I’m really looking forward to see what they’ve done”.

This is the one of the only fundraisers the Drama Club does a year, meaning it is a pivotal point in the club’s proceeds and budget each year. It helps pay for their costs throughout the year with the other productions they put on, like sets and costumes. So make sure to come and watch! The show is September 27 and 28 at 7pm in the BPAC.

About the Writer
Kassidy Linville, Staff Reporter/Photographer

Kassidy Linville is a junior at Arlington High School. She plans to attend Washington State University to study either child psychology or high school English. She grew up in Auburn, WA and moved to Arlington in the beginning of her sophomore year, which is what led her into the staff of Arlington’s yearbook and web. She’s excited to continue her writing along with French and art club this year.