The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

James Piscioneri

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer and Photographer

All content by James Piscioneri

Host an Exchange Student

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
May 1, 2015

Internationally inclined? Interested in picking up pieces of an exotic language? Always felt you’ve had an insufficient number of siblings? Then host an Exchange Student! The non-profit AFICE (Academic...

Herr Mendro speaks at the Oktoberfest celebration earlier this year.

Cinefile #2: Herr Mendro

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
April 16, 2015

A person’s favorite movie: “the older you get, the harder it is to choose” says Herr Mendro. “There’s so many different movies to love for different reasons”. Unlike Mr. Cunningham, Herr...

Playing a variant of Musical Chairs, each member of French Club passes a crown quickly around to avoid being eliminated. Games like this were played before indulging traditional French fair.

Mardi Gras, Hearty Rah

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
March 6, 2015

A few weeks back, French club held their annual Mardi Gras celebration to coincide with the traditional celebration held in historically francophone countries, nearby European countries, and, of course,...

Mr. Cunningham is notorious for his off-beat antics and “morning song” routine, which he is pictured doing above. It would figure that his favorite movie would be a unique one.

Cinefile: Mr. Cunningham

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
February 20, 2015

When pressed about his favorite movie, Mr. Cunningham was decidedly indecisive. He insisted to preface his choice with statements such as “all the right answers to ‘the best movie’ have to...

This is a candid shot of Mr. Duskin, the Spanish teacher. He led the AP Spanish IV class to La Hacienda. His unmitigated excitement is visible here.

Ser Pan Comido

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
February 9, 2015

“Clayton, Curtis, and I had cheeseburgers, and so Duskin threatened to fail us”. With no further context, this quote is awfully perplexing. Mr. Duskin’s 6th period Spanish class was treated to...

Oktoberfest Fall-ow Up

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
January 13, 2015

In this hemisphere, most kids were gearing up for Halloween in mid-October. But across the Atlantic, in “Deutschland”, the monthly holliday is Oktoberfest. As such, AHS’s German Club threw a...

Full Court Depressor

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
January 8, 2015

Last night our Lady Eagles lost against the Edmonds-Woodway Warriors in overtime: the quintessential heart-breaker. Though it was a hard-fought battle through the whole regulation and overtime, our somewhat...

This art was one of the earliest assignments in the new Japanese class. These posters can be seen at the end of the C-wing hallway. Mr. Anderson, the instructor, stated that he had thought of being a Japanese teacher since High school , “so you could say I have my dream job”, he said.

New Dawn for the Language of the Rising Sun

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
October 27, 2014

First year, first period, first semester. Everything feels fresh for Arlington’s new Japanese class. With the previous Japanese teacher departing five years ago, this marks the first time current students...

The AHS student section at the football game against Everett on October 24, 2014.

Students React to Tragedy

Kyle Jones, James Piscioneri, , and
October 24, 2014

Arlington students are mournful and shocked regarding the shooting tragedy at Marysville Pilchuck High School earlier today. The shooter responsible has now been confirmed dead from a self-inflicted gun...

Pictured above is an appetizing plate of Nachos. It is one of the few dishes that seems to have escaped new sodium standards. Ive expanded my pallete [sic] into pico de gallo said Quinn James (12)

Food for Thought: Students Stew Over New Lunch Changes, Spill the Beans, and Bite the Hand that Feeds Them

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
October 16, 2014

When one eats from the same source 180 days out of the year, naturally a routine develops. Furthermore, disruption of one’s routine can be mildly distressing. But what can one do? Such is the plight...

Varsity Tennis Doesn’t Quite Clear Net

James Piscioneri, Staff Writer
October 7, 2014

Our boy’s Tennis team lost with grace yesterday here at home against Stanwood. While the score was an unfortunate 0-7, the team showed signs of improvement from when they last played Stanwood, likely...

Load More Stories