AHS Students Tackle Auditions for “Pippin”

Sam Wolff

Junior Joshua Moe preforms at a “Medley” rehearsal.

Students at AHS are both anxious and excited about auditions for the spring musical “Pippin,” which were held this week.

The audition process itself is quite nerve-wracking. Walking into the room, looking at the audience in front of you, the director and the musical director staring straight you, wanting to get it over with, waiting for the list to be posted, searching for a name so familiar on a piece of paper consumed by an abundance of names less familiar–it’s a nail-biting process.

But auditions are a key part in putting on any musical. Auditions help to find the person(s) to play the leading role(s).

“I am nervous; but I’m trying to channel it into excited,” said Morgan Stensland (’18), who auditioned for the musical.

Many students feel nervous and overwhelmed by the auditions, due to the fact that they have to perform in front of the Director and the Musical Director.

“Auditions are always the hardest part of any performance,” said Josh Moe (18).

Auditions may be the hardest part of the process because of all the nerves and exhilaration that are swarming around in one’s body. But there’s another factor that plays into it as well: fear. It plays a huge role in all those nervous feelings people get before auditions.

But the musical is extremely fun, said Stensland, and students are able to create new friendships and memories that last a life time.

The audition process is admittedly hard, but can lead to many great things. Through auditions, a show and through the show arises; and, with that show, comes memories, friendships, and an unforgettable experience.