The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

A Future Business Leader

J. Schank
Creating a new nail design, Josline Contajioso (‘24) has a passion for doing nails. Contajioso started up her own nail business in the hopes of learning more about entrepreneurship.

“A lot of things motivate me. I think it mainly comes from my family. My parents always told me to work hard and be myself and always do what I love. I’ve always been the type of girl that tries new things. So, over covid I started doing nails, I started crocheting, and I have been jewelry making. During freshman year, I entered into FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America). I got really into business because I wanted to be that strong woman CEO figure. I’ve been doing nails now for two years.”

“At first it was me doing my own nails. I would show people and they would be like ‘oh my god really?’ and I was like ‘yeah, I was thinking about doing a business.’ I started it a couple months ago, I have an instagram and everything. I have people DM me to have an appointment and I will go to their house or they’ll go to mine and I just do whatever nail art they want. I kind of like it, not going to lie even though it’s just a side thing, it’s something that is kind of a passion project.” 

“Business even though it is really common, I feel like woman tend to not have a higher position and leadership position in that field and it’s usually dominated by men. I want to help other woman implement empowerment and that is what business has helped me with because that’s one way to get up the ladder and to represent all different types of women especially women of color. I believe that it’s important to include and have more quality in the workplace especially.”

– Josline Contajioso (’24)

Posing for her senior photo, Josline Contajioso (‘24) has many goals for her near future.