The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The Future for Band

New+band+director%2C+John+Aguilar%2C+comes+to+Arlington+High+after+some+time+at+a+middle+school+in+Seattle.+Aguilar+marched+for+the+UW+marching+band+in+college.+
E. Miles
New band director, John Aguilar, comes to Arlington High after some time at a middle school in Seattle. Aguilar marched for the UW marching band in college.

Under the leadership of John Aguilar, the new band director makes the future for the AHS band looking bright. With new changes being implemented by the day the band really brings the ‘marching’ part of its name into play.

Plans are being made for the homecoming game on October 6 as the band prepares for a new routine. “We are gonna do a halftime show that involves the cheerleaders doing a dance routine on the field with us,” said Aguilar.  

With this turn of events we just need to wait for the homecoming game against Marysville-Pilchuck High School to see what the band and cheerleader halftime show has in store. 

Aguilar said, “Football, basketball, those have been the traditional games but I like to diversify that a little bit more. We got invited to play at a volleyball game so we’re definitely going to play at a volleyball game this year. I’d like to even open that to a tennis match if possible; cross country track those are a little bit harder… but I just think if we really are the soundtrack of the school then it’s important that we support as many teams as many clubs as possible through our music and so were definitely gonna find other sports to support this year other than the traditional football and basketball.”  

The future of the band is still being shaped. “I think in 3 to 5 years I’d like the numbers to be at 200 and just get as many kids in there as possible and just have the most fun with all 200+ kids in there. I’m always a big believer in the more the merrier and the more students we have the more opportunities we have to really broadcast who we are to a wider audience, and so with that im thinking in five years i’d definitely like to do an international trip,” said Aguilar.