A Thank You to Veterans

A demonstration is presented to the students of AHS during the Veterans Day assembly.

Hannah Chung

After several years of planning Veterans Day assemblies, Arlington High School’s JROTC decided to try something different: For this year’s assembly, they featured more visual performances rather than auditory performances.

Major Blue believes that the whole performance “went well” and plans on continuing this type of assembly from now on. He credits his students for coming up with the idea. Next year, JROTC plans on adding more to their assembly by trying to incorporate more members of the school.

Sophomore Zechariah Rodino–otherwise known as “Z”–said that although he had just moved here from Virginia, he felt that the performance went very well. He saw that “everybody was watching” and “being quiet” so they could focus and respect what was happening down on the gym floor.

Senior Jacob Dietz also thought the performance went “fantastically well” because of all the “appropriate reactions” and how smoothly the whole assembly went.

“Hold your head high, be proud,” Major Blue responded when asked what he would say to veterans. “We thank you for your service; you gave up yourself, your family and your time.”

On December 12th, Arlington High School will be hosting a JROTC in their first drill competition, which will last all day. The Arlington High School drill team will participate in marksmanship, unarmed and armed drill team, individual and duel exhibition drill team, Color Guard, and Physical Strength Team (PST).