Pilchuck Colors Soar with Eagles

The+Arlington+student+section+supported+Marysville+Pilchuck+on+October+24+by+doing+a+red+a+white+theme.+

Bethany Tavenner

The Arlington student section supported Marysville Pilchuck on October 24 by doing a red a white theme.

In light of this last Friday’s events, communities were strengthened and bonded together like never before. Marysville Pilchuck (MP) and Arlington High School became one. A Night to celebrate Seniors became a night honoring the fallen and the ones hurt in the wake of tragedy. Within 3 hours of the tragedy at MP, the Arlington High School and Community changed all color themes from pink to red, in order to support our cross town family, the Tomahawks, in their time of need.
The stands, instead of blue and gold or pink and white, were red and white. On the field, our boys taped their wrists with red tape in honor of the school. Observing the parking one could see dozens of families coming up in red to represent the Tomahawks. Before kick off in a moment of silence, the team lifted up their taped wrists in respect.
On saturday, the day after the incident, the cross country teams wrote MP on all their left shoulders. Because the tomahawks were not there to race, Arlington racers decided to represent them by cheering “tomahawks” before the start of their race.
On Tuesday evening, after a moment of silence, the soccer team did their part by presenting flowers to each player and having pumpkins carved showing our love for MP.
Then, on Wednesday, the outstanding volleyball team also honored them. After each game the Eagles presented the MP players with two individual red and white flowers. After the emotional varsity game, they presented a full bouquet to the tomahawks.
We will always remember what happened to MP. Arlington will always support MP when it is needed through wearing red, by giving them an escape, or being a community to visit and talk with. We love you MP.