The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

Favorite Holiday Traditions

Holiday+Lights+at+Tulalip+Casino+draw+all+kinds+of+people+throughout+the+holiday+season.+
B. Matthews
Holiday Lights at Tulalip Casino draw all kinds of people throughout the holiday season.

Traditions are an essential part of the holidays. Students at Arlington High School have a lot of traditions they love. The ones that stick with the seniors are the ones that stand out when they try to remember what they do every year. Some of these traditions were started only a few years ago and some have been a tradition since childhood. 

Senior, Ainsley Kahler, has an adventurous tradition of going on vacation every Christmas. She has been to Florida, Hawaii, Arizona, and California.  Kahler says her favorite part about this tradition is “spending time with siblings and my parents and traveling to see new places and make memories”. Her family started these yearly Christmas traditions when she got into high school and she hopes to carry this tradition on when she is older. 

Senior, Lexi Spear, says her favorite tradition is setting up the Christmas tree and drinking hot chocolate. This has been a tradition for Spear and her family for as long as she can remember. Spear says this is her favorite tradition because “it gives time to spend with family and celebrate the holidays together”. Spear also loves the holidays and always sets up the Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving. 

Andrea Bejarano is a senior at AHS and her favorite holiday tradition is staying up with her family the night before christmas until midnight to then open all their presents. This has been a tradition for her family since she was a little kid. She loves this tradition because she gets to stay up and hangout with her family the whole night before. Bejarano says “its something we can do no matter where we are on christmas”. She hopes to continue this tradition even after she moves out and has a family of her own.