The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

Disco Themed Homecoming Dance

The+ASB+and+Leadership+students+have+made+posters+announcing+the+spirit+days+for+Homecoming+Week%2C+October+2-6%2C+2023.+
A. Hayman
The ASB and Leadership students have made posters announcing the spirit days for Homecoming Week, October 2-6, 2023.

Arlington High School’s Homecoming week is coming up quickly and these are things that you need to know. It’s being held at the high school on October 7 as well as the football game on October 6, just the day before. The parade and an assembly will also be on October 6.

During homecoming week there are a lot of different spirit days including a “color wars day” and also “Adam Sandler day” said Aspen Brisbin (Activities Manager). Some teachers have been known to give out some participation points for people that are participating in these days so make sure you’re ready to dress up for them.

The last day to buy tickets to the dance is on the 4th of October so make sure you buy them as soon as possible. The reason they don’t allow you to buy tickets right at the door is because it takes a while to get everyone inside as it is due to security checks and such so make sure your ticket is already purchased before the 4th.

During the dance, on the 7th, the theme is going to be Disco which took “from the end of last school year through parts of summer until now to plan”, said Emma Armes ( ASB President). There is a lot that goes into creating a dance that goes unnoticed behind the scenes. 

The activities during the dance will vary from a karaoke stage to a movie room. “If you don’t like the dancing aspect there’s so much more to do, there’s really something for everyone”, said Grant Cramer (ASB Secretary).  The student store located in the commons will be open for food and beverages but will cost additional money. 

During the dance the dress code still applies so make sure you’re wearing the appropriate attire. “It gets very warm so you gotta be ready”, said Bookie Cramer. Since everyone is dancing around one another you’re gonna bump into each other and it will get hot so dress accordingly for that as well.