Painting A Brighter Future

Abby Krueger

Members of the art club discuss and collaborate on ideas and decisions for the club, guided by Mrs. Palmiter

Students of Arlington High School had the option this year to enroll in art classes, taught by Mrs. Palmiter, who will introduce multiple styles and approaches in art. These styles and approaches consist of two and three dimensional projects through a variety of media. These include drawings, paintings, claywork, and jewelry making.

At this time, a chainmail production project has been introduced to the class. Chainmail is a medieval style metal ring pattern made for protective purposes, and the intricacy of the production has an artistic value to it.

“Watching students discover their talents” said Mrs. Palmiter, when asked of her favorite part of instructing an art class . As dedicated students progress into the Art III class, they encountered the surrealist painting project. In this project they documented their dreams down in a dream journal. After documentation, they proceeded to paint the contents of their dreams. The idea of the project is to practice their painting skills, while also gaining an understanding of the “Stream of Consciousness” concept. This concept is summarized as a person’s thoughts and actions to events, portrayed as a continuous flow of information.

In addition to working during school, Arlington High School students have the opportunity to participate in the Art Club, a small group of people who enjoy making artwork to help improve their skills, decorate the art room, and on occasion the school itself.