Runnin’ Outta Moonlight

Audrey Frolich

Here senior Audrey Frolich gets her hair done for homecoming by senior Michaela Krogen. Their whole group got ready together and all agreed the dance was well put together and a very fun time.

Deca decorated the stairs with colorful leaves and tool for that rustic feel. The entire commons, including the entry way, was turned into a picturesque space of country life.
Sarah Van Eyk

On Saturday Oct. 11th, hundreds of AHS students of every age got dressed up and headed to the high school for the annual Homecoming Dance.

The day started off with rather questionable weather. When asked about prep time before the dance, senior Shanelle Shirey said she “could not handle mother natures emotions” and expressed how happy she was that it eventually cleared up and was nice for pictures.

As has been advertised, the theme for this year was a rustic theme called “Runnin’ Outta Moonlight,” inspired by the country song by Randy Houser. The mood inside the commons was perfectly country thanks to the wonderful decorations. DECA filled the entrance with fences, shimmery streamers, and a “river rock” walkway that lead into the commons that was hopping with activity from lights to crazy music.

The dance started off slow but eventually the floor was packed full of students dancing and having a great time. The classic songs, like a dance remix of the “Macarena” and “The Cupid Shuffle,” played to get everybody up and moving. Senior Noah Andal said that his favorite song was “Hot Boy” because he “saw a ton of people dancing and laughing and singing along to the song.” The atmosphere during the entire dance was very upbeat and energetic. Everybody was up and dancing with their friends and dates and everyone was there to have a good time. Senior Faye Ziegler said that her favorite part of homecoming was dancing with all of her friends that she’s known since freshman year. “It was so much fun to just go crazy and be myself surrounded by the people I love” Ziegler said. Sophomore Ally Peterson said that there was “better music this year” and “even though there were less people it was more fun.”

Overall, this years Homecoming dance was a great success and was very enjoyable for the students.