Pepination 2014

Haley+Gonzales+and+Thomas+Stretch+celebrate+their+crowning+as+Homecoming+King+and+Queen.+They+were+voted+as+royalty+by+the+student+body.+

Bethany Tavenner

Haley Gonzales and Thomas Stretch celebrate their crowning as Homecoming King and Queen. They were voted as royalty by the student body.

Our 2014 pepination was a huge success thanks to all the fantastic volunteers and classmates who helped put it together.

The freshman had the theme “Pumpkin Patch” for their float.” They used lots of props and people to portray their theme and the float looked great.

The sophomores had the theme “Campfire.” They put together a fantastic float with all the classic outdoorsy things, like a tent and the beautiful night sky, that make a campfire happen.

The juniors did an amazing job at recreating a “Haunted Corn Maze.” They showed some great craftsmanship with hay bales and of course corn stalks, and to top it all off they had many ghouls and ghosts running around spreading AHS spirit.

Last, but definitely not least, the senior float. Their rendition of a “Carnival” won the homecoming float award for 2014. They had a real live carnival up on that float complete with acrobats, gypsy dancers, and a caged “monkey” throwing bananas.

Also participating in the parade festivities were many clubs and sports including, but not limited to, FFA, football, volleyball, soccer, and the drama club.

As for the assembly, Flight kicked things off with a beautiful performance of the song “Running Out of Moonlight,” which inspired our HC theme this year.

Next came the time to crown our 2014 royalty. Everyone looked wonderful dressed up and had a great time strutting their stuff down the walkway. For the freshmen, the nominees were Gia Tift, Ella Giordano, Mary-Cathrine Meno, Zeke Basher, and Joshua Moe. Of them, Basher and Giordano took home crowns.

For sophomores, Ally Peterson, Patsy Kirschenbaum, Abi Glasco, Cole Christensen, Bentley Surdyk, and Brian Gomez were the final nominees. Of them, Kirschenbaum and Christensen were honored with the title of prince and princess.

For juniors, Emma Janousek, Channing Hudson, Ciara Nawrocki, Josh Basher, Parker Spady, and Vicente Damianovic- Carrasco were nominated. In the end, Damianovic- Carrasco and Hudson left with the honors.

Last, your seniors nominated were Haley Gonzales, Demri Toop, Sam Macintosh, Hannah Scarth, Ricky Gill, Seigo Hall, Thomas Stretch, and Jeremy Bishop. Hannah and Ricky were named prince and princess and the titles of your 2014 Homecoming King and Queen were given to Gonzales and Stretch.

Overall pepination was a great success. It was very entertaining, beautiful, and full of school spirit.