Arlington High School Welcomes Mrs. Bennett

Mrs.+Bennett+consulting+with+a+student+about+her+schedule.+

Mrs. Bennett consulting with a student about her schedule.

This year at Arlington High School we have welcomed many new staff members, including our new counselor Mrs. Bennett. However, she’s not necessarily new to our school or Arlington for that matter.

In 2013 she was here substituting for Heinz for three months due to Heinz’s maternity leave. Mrs. Bennett’s father even grew up in Arlington and she grew up in Marysville, so she’s familiar with the area.

But due to her husband being in the air force she has lived all over, including Texas, Arkansas and Germany. Except she says Arlington is what feels like home to her.

“Definitely my dream job, school and location.” said Mrs. Bennett

Mrs. Bennett has an open door policy where her students are more than welcome to come ask questions and talk about things going on personally. It’s a safe place for students to come and confide in her.

She is expecting a girl on November fifth and will be gone until mid January on maternity leave,  but be back in time enough to help students with second semester schedules.

Students who have already met Mrs. Bennett know what she’s about and what she brings to Arlington High School. She is very determined in making it a great school year for students and staff. 

“My experience with Mrs. Bennett was good! She understood what I was saying and put me in the classes I wanted to be in. She looked through all the classes and made sure I was comfortable with what I was in. She wasn’t awkward or rude, she was nice and pleasant,” said Kaiya Bonnalie (‘19)

Mrs. Bennett is very student oriented and passionate about her job, wanting students to feel comfortable approaching her and making sure they get what they need. She doesn’t plan on permanently leaving Arlington High School any time soon, she would like to be here until retirement.

We welcome you back to Arlington Mrs. Bennett and hope you enjoy your time here.