The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

Classes Represented by Colors

A+graphic+arts+three+project+involves+painting+an+umbrella.+
J. Cardona
A graphic arts three project involves painting an umbrella.

Every couple of months or so the controversial question “which color belongs to each class” begins to trend again and it seems people can never fully agree on a color. Although this question  varies on how the reader perceives their classes, there is a common theme with the students and staff of Arlington High School.

I asked two female students/staff and two male students the colors for three different classes including; Math, English, and Science. The personalities of each interviewee were very different from each other with some of them describing themselves as being artistic and outgoing and others intelligent and shy. Even with the different personalities 75% of the interviewees associated the color green with their science classes, 50% claimed their Math was red, and English was blue.

Arlington junior Larry Bowen had answers that were heavily influenced by his emotions, when talking about why he associated green with science he says “green makes you want to explore . . . explore the wilderness and experiment.”

Not all answers were similar in fact there was one interview that was a clear outlier with it being the interview with Ms. Perrigo, She thought of the colors in a similar way with her colors being math is gray, English is orange, and science is brown. Even though the actual colors are different her thought process was the same as Larry Bowen’s with the reasons she was choosing those colors being how she felt about them. Her reasoning behind math being gray was “Gray is kinda bland and boring and that’s what I think math is.”

Even though this question is dependent on the reader’s views, I proved that no matter the background of the person, people have similar thought processes when it comes to simple questions.