To Love Somebody

Members of ABS and Leadership have been working diligently behind the scenes to create some ideas for this years lipdub. The classes collected ideas from the student body and then narrowed it down to four final choices which the leadership class voted on to be the winner. The decided song, however, was not the one voted for by the class.

The themes were narrowed down to Michael Jackson, 80’s Movies, Disney, and the song “To Love Somebody” by the BeeGees. Each have their own pros and cons but some of the group seemed to jump out to students more than others. The final decision was made by Mr. Ballew, who chose The BeeGees. It was later decided that there would be another BeeGees song, “Stayin Alive”, added to the top floor of the lipdub.

This has brought up some mixed feelings in students as word of the theme has been spreading around school but leadership students are looking forward to this lipdub. Senior Jessica Severson said “I personally think something more well known like Disney or even 80’s Movies would have done better”, but, with Ballew strongly backing his decision, their minds have opened up to the idea. “Ballew kind of convinced everyone that it’s a good idea, so we’re all excited” Severson said. Junior Josh Basher said “It’s going to be in black and white…and more like a music video.”

The original lipdub film date was sent for December 19th, the last day before winter break. However, they decided that they needed more time to do some finishing touches on the planning. Therefore, they have moved it to sometime in March.

The whole point of this year’s lipdub is to be unique. “We wanted to do something different than we have in the past” Severson said.This song is much slower and can be interpreted in many different ways. This years lipdub should be something like we have never seen before.