AHS Welcomes Strachila to the Career Center

The+career+center+is+a+place+full+of+great+post+graduation+information.+

Hannah Chung

The career center is a place full of great post graduation information.

After interviewing numerous potential candidates for the opening in the career center, the AHS staff welcomed Elise Strachila to the staff.

Strachila began her position on Monday, October 19th and is now available to answer questions that students may have.

At Arlington High School, the career center is the place that students go to if they’re looking to retrieve information about planning for college, college visits, employment opportunities, scholarships, or different ways to get involved with volunteering and community service.

At the start of the 2015-2016 school year, many students–especially seniors–were sent into a panic when they heard that there was no one in charge of the career center.

“It’s annoying as a senior,” said Rachel O’Day (’16). “You’re trying to figure out requirements for colleges and there’s no one there to help guide you.”

Most of the information available in the career center can be found on the school’s website under the “For Students” tab. On the website, students have access to helpful resources that can lead them to pages that offer scholarships, financial aid, and in-state college and university information.

The career center is located directly across from the counseling center and is in operation before, during, and after school.