Thank You, Mr. Beckley!

Cindy+Albert+and+Liz+Catalini+had+matching+t-shirts+made+to+let+Mr.+Beckley+know+how+sad+they+were+to+see+him+leave+Arlington+High+School.+

Provided by Charity Conley

Cindy Albert and Liz Catalini had matching t-shirts made to let Mr. Beckley know how sad they were to see him leave Arlington High School.

After six years at Arlington High School, Mr. Beckley is moving on. He’ll be going to the Everett School District working in a new position as the Chief Information Officer. He will be in charge of information systems and technology and the way it’s used in education.

“Where do I start? [I’ll miss] the people, the students and staff. Parts of the job like meetings, I won’t miss, but the people.” Beckley said. The same thing could be said in regards for Beckley. Morgan Bryson (’17) said “I feel like he controlled yet he wasn’t afraid to have fun and be himself. It brought a more relaxed environment which is what we need, because school such a harsh and stressful environment already. He was very friendly and inviting.”

Luckily for Beckley, he’ll still be able to come to Arlington often, since his daughters will continue to go here.

When asked if he had any final thoughts or advice for Arlington’s students, Beckley said, “Make sure everybody appreciates what a great place this is. Enjoy every moment of your high school experience and appreciate the people you see on a daily basis so when you graduate, you know you’ve gotten the most of your experience.”

Congratulations on the new job, and thank you, Mr. Beckley, for making Arlington such a great place.