AHS Student Remembered for Sno-Isle Involvement and Strong Sense of Humor

Samantha+Weldon

Samantha Weldon

Samantha Mae Weldon, a 17-year-old student at both Arlington High School, and the Sno-Isle Skills Center, sadly left this Earth on the eve of February 14th as the result of a deadly car crash on Highway 530.

Better known by her nickname “Sammie,” Weldon was heavily involved with Sno-Isle, and served as the ASB president for the Skills Center during her senior year.  During her junior year, Samantha was studying Auto-Tech. She was enrolled in Sno-Isle’s nursing program this year.

Weldon, well known for her boisterous personality and her strong sense of humor, will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her.  Many will remember her for her love of cheerleading, an activity that she participated in up until the eighth grade.  Her great smile and positive energy towards life were some of her most noted characteristics according to students and staff, as she always had a joke and a smile for everyone she met. Weldon loved small-town Arlington, and had hoped to return here to help assist the community after she had finished nursing school.

Samantha is survived by her mother Teresa Coyne, stepfather Shane Coyne, grandmother Linda Weldon, as well as many aunts, uncles, and cousins.

No information of funeral services was available during the time of publication.