3 words to describe AHS

Kayli Dreger

Carter Mooring and Bailey Drake work diligently in 2nd period.

There are many words that and describe school, but when asked to narrow it down to just three, students at AHS gave some interesting answers.

Xavrianna O’Bryant (’17), also known as “Bug”, and Sami Balcos (’16) have put a twist on how they decide to see classes.

O’Bryant is involved in DECA and considers it to be her favorite class. Three words she would use to positively describe this class would be “full of opportunities” because they are involved in so much. Her second favorite class would have to be Algebra II, taught by Mr. Stallons. She said that she likes it because it’s always interesting and “[she] likes math.”

Balcos is involved in quite a lot at Arlington High School. She is part of Production Journalism, the Photography club, and she also regularly attends the sporting events at the school. Sami’s favorite class is college writing with Ms. Chapel. Three words she would use to describe this class would have to be, “research” because it’s very research based, “informative” because it prepares you for college really well, and “structured” because of how coordinated the class itself is. When asked to describe school in general, Sami used “stressful”, “educational”, and “exhausting” to portray her personal experience. Balcos said that she receives a good education, but has homework from almost every class, which can be overwhelming and puts a great load onto her shoulders.

Three words can do quite a lot; and, for students at Arlington High School, they can sum up how they feel about school.