A Toast to Seniors

A Toast to Seniors

On Tuesday May 19th, the seniors of Arlington High School have the opportunity to bring a significant person in their high school career to the Senior Tea. The person they bring is someone who has been with the student throughout their life and the event is a means of celebrating the student making it this far, along with thanking their brought mentor.

At the tea, there will be a keynote speaker, setting the mood of the event through an invigorating speech, along with flight performing musical pieces. Another performance will include a handful of band members playing their selected songs. The event will conclude with a solo piano performance by Jacob Thompson ‘15.

Taylor Shepherd ‘15 said “I’m taking my mom because she’s been a strong supporter of my high school experience”

“I’m taking my mom and dad because they want to commemorate my high school successes” said Michael Forster ‘15.

Starting in February there were weekly meetings regarding the set-up of the event. The planners were sophomores Demi Cartwright, Andrea Ramirez, Jacob Payne and Mikayla Beckley. Trouble was encountered when Demi Cartwright ‘17 along with other planners were declined a date for the Senior Tea until about the 5th or 6th attempt. More problems arrived when their supplies ordered couldn’t arrive in time, resulting in the planners to visit multiple stores, handpicking the necessary supplies. “We thought we had everything set until plans completely changed” said Cartwright. Even more problems arose when student speakers backed out for multiple reasons. The student speakers that are left will have a 2-3 minute speech about how they got to where they are, who has helped them, and where they’re going. They are sharing their personal experience with their peers.

“I think it’ll still be great” said Cartwright, even when presented with these hardships.