The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

Summer Job Options

Senior Dakota Peters working at his structural steel welding job. Photo provided by D. Peters

Every summer, high school students want to find something good to do with their summer. For some students, that means find a summer job. 

For Arlington senior Ethan Arndt, he will work as a diesel engineer physician but doesn’t know where yet. Arndt says he chose this job because, “it pays more than most typical fast food or grocery stores. I will work here until I can work at UTI Diesel Technology Program. The only con of the job is that I will have to work 40 hours every week.”

Similar response came from Arlington senior student Dakota Peters. Dakota will be working as a structural steel welder. Peters thinks his job is great and says, “I enjoy working outside and using my hands. It’s something different every day.”

Peters said, “A pro is that I make great money and like trying new things, but a con is I have to give up certain things like hanging out with friends, and waking up early.”

Senior Myles Murray will also be working this summer. He will be continuing to work at Jersey Mikes. Murray says he enjoys his job for the most part because it pays well and he’s been there for a while now. He said, “The pros is that my job is easy and enjoyable, but one con is that the customers are too greedy. They want more food than they paid for, and when I tell them there will be an extra charge for more food, they are difficult to deal with.”