The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

4th period Bathroom Restrictions

E. Miles

Ever have someone go to the bathroom and not return? It’s quite a common occurrence of kids who ditch their own classes. The amount is just amplified during 4th period.

Unfortunately, it seems that during 4th period, you are no longer able to use the bathroom. People seem to come to the same conclusion. “because people were going to the bathroom, talking to people during the different lunches and skipping classes instead,”said Colby Deoneseus (26’).

This new rule may affect some more than others, as it affects people differently depending on their lunches.

“It doesn’t really affect me because its right after lunch” Said Aidon Bardo (27’) who is a student who has first lunch.

“Second lunch is hopefully the easiest, ideally they only have 30 minutes without lunch,” said Assistant Principal Mr Axelson.

People respond differently often depending on if it affects them more, like 3rd lunch, and while its effects may vary, there are undoubtedly some exceptions.

“People have medical issues, so that’s things we take into consideration. We work with students on an individual basis like if we feel like there’s a medical need that needs to be addressed, then we work with a nurse or the family or the student,”said Axelson.

The staff does their best to keep things orderly but not everyone agrees. While some students might not find the rule fair, others bring up fair points related to the issue and its common use.

“We aren’t the first school that implemented this. It’s pretty common. I always had a rule when I was a teacher, that the same rule that you can’t go to the bathroom during other lunches because they just have the same issue,” said Axelson.