The student news site of Arlington High School

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

The AHS Eagle

Student Section Crucial for Spirit

Student+section+on+camo+night+for+the+football+game+against+Marysville+Getchell.+
C. Falk
Student section on camo night for the football game against Marysville Getchell.

School spirit is one of the most important things a school can have. The student section is crucial for this. Their job is to hype up the teams and crowd and help spirits stay up throughout the whole game. It’s a great example of classmates coming together to support one another. The student section makes games fun and exciting. 

Senior, Rachael Cope, attends most volleyball and football games. She has been going to games and watching and cheering from the student section since her junior year. Cope says the themes are the “best part” and that her favorite theme is either blackout  or USA. She has been to all the home football games and normally sits front row. In order to get that front row spot she normally arrives between 4:30-5:00. Copes favorite student section cheer is “Do it” or “Victory”. Her goal for the student section is to have everyone participating and cheering loud when they are standing in the student section. 

Junior, Hudson Younger, has attended all but two football games this year. His favorite chant is “Victory” and “start the buses”. The earliest he gets to games is 3:30 for the Stanwood game. Younger always dresses up for the themes and his favorite theme is white out. He started attending the games in the student section when he quit football this year but wanted to continue to cheer on his friends. Younger says his favorite part of going to the games is “watching the halftime shows”.

Senior, Taelor Kron, has been attending football and volleyball games in the student section since her junior year. Her favorite student section cheers are “truckin’” and “Do it”. Kron says she “normally arrives to volleyball games at 5:30-5:40 in order to get front row”. And football games from as early as 4 pm. She normally claims her spot in the first or second row for all games. Her goal for the student section is to keep the energy up and be loud. Kron does not travel for the football games but has attended six out of seven of the volleyball games.