Progress Being Made

With hopes of Arlington High School switching to hybrid learning after spring break. The district continues to bring back elementary school students for hybrid learning. 

On January 19th all Arlington 2nd and 3rd grade students were able to join the Kindergarten and 1st grade classes with their hybrid plan. 

Because there have been little to no issues related to Covid-19 with bringing students back, the school board has a plan to approve other grade levels to start hybrid learning. Dr. Spitters, a Snohomish County Health Representative provides new insight and updated recommendations which our district is following to ensure safety.

School board member Marc Rosson said, “The school board has chosen to meet weekly due to the ever-changing Covid-19 environment so we can accurately make decisions, after Dr. Spitters every Tuesday updates. We are making a decision based on science and based off of our recommendations from our county health department.” 

Safety precautions will continue as normal and with the regulations being followed Covid-19 shouldn’t be an issue with getting Arlington students back in school. Currently, February 16th has been approved by the board for 4th and 5th graders to join hybrid learning.

As for other grades, the board has proposed some dates for a return. The middle school proposed date is March 15th or 22nd and the high school proposed date is for April 12th. These dates will be voted on to be confirmed or denied in upcoming meetings. Overall, this is a big step in the right direction in order to get AHS to hybrid learning soon.